Old 23-06-2005, 12:54 PM
~Roy~

The price on that item is pretty well overinflated by about 400% After
seeing that device, I starated to look around on what can be used, and
so far I can make one in less than 2 hours for under
$90...........Anyone even half capable of doing odds and ends and a
little scrounging could assemble one of them pretty cheap and
easy...... Other than the motor, I can scrounge up or have already,
from my routine scrounge places all the materials to make them. Given
a bit of time I know I can find a motor as well. The motors used on
BBQ grill rotisseries can be had for under $20.00.......rpm is right
in the ball park, as is torque needed to swing it. A core from a lunge
whip or stock whip which is fiberglass or even an old CB whip antenna
could easily be used to the rotating part, and an antennae extension
mast from a base station could be used for the support arm. These
extension masts are easy to find as trash in places that sell
communications equipment as they frequently get opens or shorts in
them which renders them useless for communications.

Then the $95 S & H fee is absurd. I bet the entire device weighs less
than #30 pounds probably less..........add that to the $500 and some
charge for a unit as such ....its a rip once again aimed at the deep
pockets ponders and fish keepers are accused of having.

"The original frugal ponder"