Old 23-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Harold Walker

..

You'd better bring your sack with you, as potato sacks over here are
molished from multi-layered brown paper, and not *QUITE* the thing for a
visit to an archbishop. After all, the ashes don't get to work their way
in and mortify the flesh.

And of course, His Grace's carpet..... Rusty

Should I bring a few extra farthings as a tip for his worship...after all I
do remember 'summat' about the widow's mite....H

Maybe he might donate to my church even tho it has been somewhat 'at rest'
for many a year....oh yes, I do have a church with members... perhaps did
would be a better word....mail order church...had fun with that a number of
years ago...a fellow out in California that claimed he could neither read
nor write but could preach established what is known as the Universal Life
Church....millions joined it.....it did have some distinct advantages which
the internal revenue did not like so the church landed up in
court...eventually the case landed up in the Supreme Court of the USA...the
ruling was that it was a legitimate church and the Internal Revenue service
was ordered to leave us alone and do our thing.....I still have a valid
Press Pass from "our" church but of course no longer think of using
it....have an Honary D. D. (that was expensive...cost me all of
$25.00).....also a minister with all of the so called priveledges of any
other minister...free to marry folk etc. and accept their confessions
etc.....also a Bishop in the church (inactive of course)....as with the
masonic order once a mason always a mason and thus once a minister always a
minister unless defrocked and such a good boy as I defrocking would never
take place. Enough of that and now must get back to my bread baking.....H

p.s. Any specifics on walking attire?