Old 23-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Kay
writes

Whereas in my garden the redcurrants are first to go.
But then I don't grow blueberries. I do however grow loganberries and
tayberries and similar, and it's taken the birds several years to
discover them - even now, they don't take enough to be bothered.

I seem to recall that blueberries hate chalk so I have a suspicion I'd
be wasting my money trying to grow them in my garden. It's a shame
because I love them.

I was looking for another bush fruit to grow besides blackberries,
blackcurrants, raspberries and gooseberries, so would welcome advice.

Are tayberries better than loganberries?
We like quite sharp fruit so it would be nice to grow something similar
to blueberries if possible.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph