Old 23-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Kay

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
Having built the pergola I was thinking of putting lavender along both
sides. I'll end up putting several varieties as I normally do, I just
don't have the self discipline to limit myself to good design methods
and have only one type!

I was wondering id anyone had done any comparisons on which lavender is
the most scented. It doesn't need to be the 'prettiest' I would like to
plant the strongest scented types if I can.

I think it will be augustifolia but are there any others similarly
scented?

Try the Norfolk Lavender site - they sell plants and they grow for
perfume, so their recommendations may well be accurate
--
Kay