Old 23-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Dan

Iowa883 wrote:
I am in need or a new riding mower, I have 1 1/2 acres in rural Iowa
to mow. I would like something with a decent sized deck and decent
wheels as I have some bumps in my yard.
I am wondering if Dept store mowers are decent in workmanship or are
they cheap ? I really do not want to buy a new mower ever season or
every other season.
I also would like to keep it in the $2,000-$2500 range if I could.
What do you guys recommend ?
Thanks,
Iowa883

In that price range I would look at John Deere and Toro zero turn riding
mowers or buy a used Exmark commercial Lazer Z rider.
Zero turn riders are far better than tractor type mowers for just cutting
grass, IMO.

I bought an Exmark hydro walk behind to cut my 3/4 acre yard.
The only reason I didn't buy a zero turn rider is because of a long steep
hill in the back that ends up in a creek.

Dan