Old 23-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Doug Kanter

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message

Mega-store sales people are not in the business of plumbing, more like
simply supplying parts.

You're correct, of course. But, most HD/Lowe's people should also NOT be
wandering the aisles, asking "Can I help you with something?", because most
of they time, they cannot. They should expect us to respond "I doubt it".

You can't compare this to supermarkets, where people are NOT walking around
posing as experts. Yeah...you may find a person stocking the shelves, who
knows where to find everything in the store, but that's not product
knowledge.