Old 23-06-2005, 08:46 PM
KCnRichmond

"cricket" wrote in message
Lowes opened in our area about 5 years ago & hired a friend of mine with
extensive nursery experience. I believe she made approx $35,000. per
year. She
was also sent by them to other Lowes that were opening in the area at that
time
to help det up their nursery depts. After about 2 years of this, she was
fired
on some trumped up charge. Also many others fired at that time. Used to
be
able to go in there in any dept & get good advice. No longer . The
nursery
plants often look pathetic. This is an opportunity for niche marketing
for
locals. ( $35,000 yearly is ok for our area in the lower midwest)

I didn't get to finish mine.... Lowes/HD hire out of each other to "thin"
the crop out...I know of several who took the bait and jumped ship to the
other....When you leave either box store and you give 2 weeks notice you
need NOT to say,"to the other", because they will "walk " you out right
there....Thats pathetic...Then you work for whatever the "deal" was for a
while and they find some "trumped up charge" to nail you on and fire
you...Then you can't go back to the other because you were released with a
"no rehire" code and BAM! you are in the IHATEHOMEDEPOT/LOWES.COM
crowd....The Sunday paper comes out every week loaded with jobs....I was
looking for one when I got this one.....No big deal....As for the "hardware
store" commentary person...Neither is a hardware store...They are Home
Improvement stores where you could literally build a home out of either
"warehouse"....I see GOOD people come and go from here and for no other
reason but for burnout and fatigue....It will be my turn soon, but I figure
it's a time of learning and earning respect from those that moved to a house
from a condo in NYC or such and haven't a clue...
Both HD and Lowes have seen major changes in the last few years....It used
to be you needed to know every dept in the store but now its just keep
packing down theory and you don't need to know anything.... Where I live ,
there are 8 stores in both Lowes And HD's districts.....One has 600 more ft
employees than the other....We're gettin our asses kicked.....
More to come....
Sort of like "where do you grocery shop????"
Beers colder here, veggies suck there, they NEVER have my whatever
there...Then they change CEO's again and the fav isn't the fav no more...
Oh yea......I shop at both.............Deals you know............