Old 23-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Doug Quarnstrom

Ok, that is good information. Did nets on the pond help with snakes?

I am assuming I am going to have to net the pond to stop herons, so if
that will help with snakes as well, that is good.

doug
Reel Mckoi ) wrote:

: "Doug Quarnstrom" wrote in message
: ...
:
: What is your experience with garter and bull snakes. I presume that both
: eat koi,

: * The only snakes we haven't seen eat our fish (before netting the ponds)
: were those small green garden snakes.

: but I also assume that there is some point at where a koi is
: too big for a garter snake to kill.

: * We have snakes here as long as 6' and can eat quite large fish, or kill
: the fish trying since they eat them head first.

: What about Bull snakes? Are
: they a threat to big koi?

: * Any snake you see in your ponds and just about any snake that will enter a
: pond or water will eat fish - or so a wildlife agent told me some time ago.
: --
: McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
: EVERYONE: "Please check people's headers for forgeries
: before flushing." NAMES ARE BEING FORGED.
: Do not feed the trolls.