Old 23-06-2005, 08:57 PM
~Roy~

A snake can squeeze thro9ugh some darn small openings, and I find it
hard to belicve netting alone is going to restrict a snake fropm
getting in a typical pond.......contrary to what McKoi
says..........its just not gonna happen, unless you use window screen
perhaps........and have it sealed down to a footer. It only takes a
very small opening anywhere and a snake will find it to enter. Don;t
waste your money on netting to keep snakes out.........

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:04:49 +0000 (UTC),
(Doug Quarnstrom) wrote:

===
===Ok, that is good information. Did nets on the pond help with snakes?
===
===I am assuming I am going to have to net the pond to stop herons, so if
===that will help with snakes as well, that is good.
===
===doug
===Reel Mckoi ) wrote:
===
===: "Doug Quarnstrom" wrote in message
===: ...
===:
===: What is your experience with garter and bull snakes. I presume that both
===: eat koi,
===
===: * The only snakes we haven't seen eat our fish (before netting the ponds)
===: were those small green garden snakes.
===
===: but I also assume that there is some point at where a koi is
===: too big for a garter snake to kill.
===
===: * We have snakes here as long as 6' and can eat quite large fish, or kill
===: the fish trying since they eat them head first.
===
===: What about Bull snakes? Are
===: they a threat to big koi?
===
===: * Any snake you see in your ponds and just about any snake that will enter a
===: pond or water will eat fish - or so a wildlife agent told me some time ago.
===: --
===: McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
===: EVERYONE: "Please check people's headers for forgeries
===: before flushing." NAMES ARE BEING FORGED.
===: Do not feed the trolls.

"The original frugal ponder"