Old 23-06-2005, 08:56 PM
JennyC

Default Watering Large dried out pots...

I have some very large pots that had dried out in the recent heatwave..........

The soil had contracted and left room around the side of the pots so that the
water just ran straight down and thu the drainage holes at the bottom. The pots
are too large to dunk in a bucket........

I didn't have any soil at hand to fill up the gap......

My solution :
I rolled up some newspaper and tucked it in between the soil and the side of the
pot. that way the water stays in until absorbed :~))

Worked a treat and the newspaper will eventually disintegrate into the soil
anyway !!

--
Jenny
(Rotterdam the Netherlands)