Old 23-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Daniel Morrow

"Tink" wrote in message
Help!
My 29Gallon tank has been up for about 5 weeks and I can't get it to

cycle,
I have a emporer tetra and 4 frie. I am using Eco-compleat and seachem

Alk.
and acid buffer for a dKH of 5.0 and Equilibrium for a dGH of 6.0. I had

at
started with 5 Emporers and lost 2, and then added 4 more but they all
jumped out. My LFS gave me some TLC. to starte the cycle and I have been
using it as indicated at 2 Oz. every week this is my 3rd week and no

change.
I started my tank with a bad bach of Eco-Compleat and had some cycking
but sence then no cycling.

Any ideas.

TIA,
Tink.

If you have plants in the tank your are talking about then the plants can be
absorbing the ammonia and nitrites/nitrates so there isn't food for the good
bacteria. You might not have to worry about cycling the tank unless you have
a large bioload or not enough plants. Could someone with the knowledge post
here for tink an answer? Cool - interested in the answer myself as well. How
many plants would tink need to not need to cycle? Later and good luck!