Old 27-10-2002, 09:54 PM
Rod

Default Emergency Tree Help Needed

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , Lynda Thornton
writes
A friend of mine once had a large oak tree that blew down in a gale -
and I mean down ie as horizontal as it is possible for a fallen over
tree to be. So, he decided to take a chain saw to it and chop it up and
sell it for firewood - might as well make some money out of it. So he
started at the 'top' with the small branches.
Well, when he had chopped off about half of the branches, the tree
started groaning and moaning and tossing and turning itself, or so it
seemed to my friend who jumped well clear of it!!!!!
Then what happened was that the tree gradually swung itself back up to
the vertical position.
It is still there today )))))))))

So, I say shove it back as close to vertical as you can get it, chop off
half of the top branches, fill in any holes round its roots and see what
happens!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it happens here like that sometimes and it's OK if there's room for it
to fall later without undue damage but I still prefer to remove them if
possible or if the grownups will let me.

Rod