Old 24-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Phil L

Janet Baraclough wrote:
:: The message
:: from "shazzbat" contains these words:
::
::: We've just had our first rain for a fortnight :-))
::
::: Five minutes worth :-))
::
:: Ah well. It was finally dry enough to cut the grass here,
:: though the ground is still so wet from the weekend storm that
:: sitting on the grass is still out of the question.
::
:: Does anyone else think Britain's north/south climates are more
:: different than they used to be? Whatever's going on in the middle
:: bit?

I'm in the middle bit (Lancashire) and in my 40 years I can say I've noticed
a change in climate, mainly from hot and dry summers and bitterly cold wet
winters in the past, to hot, wet summers and mildly cold but largely dry
winters.

I've worked outside for most of the past 24 years so I do notice these
things...I reckon we get more rain in June than we do in December.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.