Old 24-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Elaine T

Tink wrote:
Help!
My 29Gallon tank has been up for about 5 weeks and I can't get it to cycle,
I have a emporer tetra and 4 frie. I am using Eco-compleat and seachem Alk.
and acid buffer for a dKH of 5.0 and Equilibrium for a dGH of 6.0. I had at
started with 5 Emporers and lost 2, and then added 4 more but they all
jumped out. My LFS gave me some TLC. to starte the cycle and I have been
using it as indicated at 2 Oz. every week this is my 3rd week and no change.
I started my tank with a bad bach of Eco-Compleat and had some cycking
but sence then no cycling.

Any ideas.

TIA,
Tink.

Is your tank very heavily planted? It's possible for a planted tank to
establish filtration without ammonia and nitrite spikes, especially with
a low fish load.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__