Old 24-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Suzy O

You think we haven't tried? Duh. For cripes sakes, we've been here 10+
years, and organized and worked with the po-lice time and again. The
reality: if we were in the more fashionable neighborhood 3 or 4 blocks
away, we'd have cops crawling all over the place. But this mixed
neighborhood only sees property assessments increase by leaps & bounds.
Seems we're just not white or yuppie enough -- yet -- to be heard. BTW, I
love my neighbors, my home, and convenient location. I just wish we'd get
the same municipal services the rest of the city enjoys.

Suzy O

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Suzy O" wrote in message
No, meth labs, drug dealing, strolling prostitutes, and bums hitting the
streets when the liquor stores opens at 8::00 are a reality in many areas
where people also LOVE their homes. So then what?

Sounds like time for the neighbors to organize and drive out the crime.