Old 24-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Courageous" wrote in message

A snake can squeeze thro9ugh some darn small openings, and I find it
hard to belicve netting alone is going to restrict a snake fropm
getting in a typical pond.......contrary to what McKoi
says..........

I suspect you are correct.

## Then Roy needs to tell that to the snakes where I live. :-) So far
we've had to remove one live (had to kill it first) and several dead snakes
from the net. They'd get their heads through but their bodies, being
thicker, were snagged. They would then try to escape by going in a circle,
or so it appeared.... and be so tangled they were impossible to remove
(alive.) Maybe he used a net with larger spacing. We never lost another
koi to snakes nor ever saw another snake in the ponds after netting them.
With the number of water snakes were I live if the nets didn't work I
wouldn't have one fish left.

I used to catch and keep snakes. My first
attempts involved making a simple box, getting some screen, and stapling
the screen to the inside of the box hole. The snakes always escaped,
until I learned to completely pin all edges of the screen with a wood
perimeter on both sides.

C//

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...