Old 28-10-2002, 03:17 AM
JennyC

Default Seeds for kids?

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:17:39 -0000, "Sally Pointer"
wrote:

I'm doing a basic botany workshop in January where I want to send

each child
home with a 'mystery seed' that they plant at the workshop to

tend. Being
January obviously limits the choice a bit and I'm after some

inspiration for
suitable seeds. My current best plan is to mix up a packet of

tomato, chilli
and pepper seeds as many of those will start indoors ok in January

then I
can give them enough details about the growing habits to enable

them to look
after them, but they'll need to wait until it fruits to find out

exactly
what they've got.

Your plan is hard to understand.

large snip
Rodger Whitlock

I, like Rodger, am uncertain of how the project is intended to proceed
after the workshop......Will the kids come back in with their plant at
regular intervals ??

If its a more 'instant' project, why not use mustard and cress or
different forms beansprouts ? They come up quickly in just water and
can be eaten quickly. 6 to 8 year olds might lose interest on waiting
for a tomato to appear :~))

http://www.sproutpeople.com/ has info.

jenny