Old 24-06-2005, 02:29 PM
John Romano

Yes, akdadama dust is great. I save all my sifted dust when making
soil. Unfortunately, there is never enough around for a large slab
planting, etc. Kev Bailey was right on about potters clay. However,
don't get the slabs of pliable clay at crafts stores - this WON'T work.
You have to find a supplier of powdered clays for ceramic use. I find
it at an Art School supply store. This stuff is great to mix with
akadama dust, peat moss, etc. I also mix a bit of cheap potting soil -
get the cheapest, spongiest stuff you can find.
John Romano

Rhode Island, USA