Old 24-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Travis

KCnRichmond wrote:
"cricket" wrote in message
Lowes opened in our area about 5 years ago & hired a friend of
mine with extensive nursery experience. I believe she made
approx $35,000. per year. She
was also sent by them to other Lowes that were opening in the
area at that time
to help det up their nursery depts. After about 2 years of this,
she was fired
on some trumped up charge. Also many others fired at that time.
Used to be
able to go in there in any dept & get good advice. No longer .
The nursery
plants often look pathetic. This is an opportunity for niche
marketing for
locals. ( $35,000 yearly is ok for our area in the lower midwest)

I didn't get to finish mine.... Lowes/HD hire out of each other to
"thin" the crop out...I know of several who took the bait and
jumped ship to the other....When you leave either box store and you
give 2 weeks notice you need NOT to say,"to the other", because
they will "walk " you out right there....Thats pathetic...Then you
work for whatever the "deal" was for a while and they find some
"trumped up charge" to nail you on and fire you...Then you can't
code and BAM! you are in the IHATEHOMEDEPOT/LOWES.COM crowd....The
Sunday paper comes out every week loaded with jobs....I was looking
for one when I got this one.....No big deal....As for the "hardware
store" commentary person...Neither is a hardware store...They are
Home Improvement stores where you could literally build a home out
of either "warehouse"....I see GOOD people come and go from here
and for no other reason but for burnout and fatigue....It will be
my turn soon, but I figure it's a time of learning and earning
respect from those that moved to a house from a condo in NYC or
such and haven't a clue...
Both HD and Lowes have seen major changes in the last few
years....It used to be you needed to know every dept in the store
but now its just keep packing down theory and you don't need to
know anything.... Where I live , there are 8 stores in both Lowes
And HD's districts.....One has 600 more ft employees than the
other....We're gettin our asses kicked.....
More to come....
Sort of like "where do you grocery shop????"
Beers colder here, veggies suck there, they NEVER have my whatever
there...Then they change CEO's again and the fav isn't the fav no
more... Oh yea......I shop at both.............Deals you

You write just like "Maddie"

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5