Old 28-10-2002, 08:38 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Muntjack Deer

In article ,
"ned" writes:
| "Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
|
| In this case, neither problem is unknown, and the problem of lynx
| overpopulation is known to be manageable.
|
| There is also the point that, when facing near-certain disaster, the
| very worst decision is to do nothing.
|
| Disaster?????
| Methinks we have wound you up a tad too much.
| You're not one of 'The End Is Nigh' crowd are you? :-))

Why don't you make an attempt to find out what the scientists say
about this, rather than taking your 'information' from those who
have an interest in deceiving the public?

For readable introductions to the area, look at some of Oliver
Rackham's books. And then start looking up the changes of the
past half century, and the lifetime of very restricted populations
and ahy they die out (note populations not individuals). You may
need to learn some population dynamics and genetics, but that will
do you no harm.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679