Old 24-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Mike Lyle

Niall Smyth wrote:
hi all

I have a standard bay in a container and it
was severely potbound (even when supplied!)

I have repotted and the leaves are still dry as a bone

My neightbour told me its practically inpossible to kill a bay!?

the dry foliage is just sitting there
would I prune to enduce new growth
any thoughts

No, don't prune it yet: that won't make it develop leaves if it
wasn't going to anyhow. You can certainly kill them, especially with
the aid of your friendly neighbourhood vine weevil. How long is it
since a new leaf appeared? Is there a healthy-looking little pointy
bud at the base of the top leaves? What watering have you done?

--
Mike.