Old 24-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Timothy

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:56:09 -0700, googly wrote:

I have an existing sprinkler system on my house. When I had it built, I
had them add extra manifolds for future growth in my backyard. I have
some plants now and would like to use a drip system (or soakers).
Does anyone know if I can hook the drip system up to one of the
existing manifolds? Then I won't need a timer or need to use one of my
outdoor spigots. I haven't looked at the manifolds, so I don't know
what the output looks like. I'm guessing it's some sort of 3/4" PVC.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pat

I have done this before. What I did was to plumb a 3/4" (standard black
water line) poly to the manifold and ran it under a deck. I hung the line
with conduit hangers and at the end of the run, I creased the line and put
on a hose clamp. I then punched the dripper line nipples into the 3/4"
line where I needed them. Some of the drip line runs are long, but they
work just fine. This drip run supplies:
10 hanging baskets
6 40 gallon pots
1 2'X12' flower bed
1 3'x25' flower bed

This system run twice a day for 5 mins each cycle.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://ywgc.com/resources.html