Old 24-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Warren

I have a B&D Electric lawn mower. Its worked great for the last
year. Now when I use it it trips the circut breaker to the outlet that
Im plugged into. Its the same outlet I've used in the past. Any
suggestions on what could be wrong?

The first thing to do would be try a different extension cord.

Over time, outdoor extension cords are exposed to lots of bending and
stretching, they're dragged over rough surfaces and sharp stones, and they
sit in the sunlight. All those conditions wear-down the jacket, and small
perforations begin to develop. When you turn on the mower, the current draw
creates heat in the cable, and eventually, laying in grass will provide
enough moisture to get in these perforations and cause the micro-second
change in current that trips the GFCI. Problems with the mower itself would
be more likely to cause the mower to operate differently, or shut itself
down.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
What's on TV? See the new fall network schedules online:
http://www.holzemville.com/television/fall2005.html