Old 24-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Carolyn LeCrone

English Ivy, though lovely and tenacious is on the non-native invasive plant
list. It is a parasite and will eventually kill trees if left to its own
devices. It damages the mortar on brick houses and spreads via seeds that
birds drop. I don't have any planted in my yard, but pull up seedlings
often.
Carolyn
"Popcorn Lover" wrote in message
news:1119638636.e5459ce9e5b159b53f7a228fb5c8dba1@t eranews...
I understand that ivy is great for preventing erosion and has very
deep roots. But will it hurt trees if it climbs them? Or will it
hurt buildings, like if it climbs the wall of a wood shed or house?

Can it be easily started from seeds? That would be the lowest cost
way to go.

--
- Popcorn Lover
If you love popcorn too, there are no popcorn groups on usenet but