Old 11-02-2003, 03:25 PM
SugarChile

Default Street Tree Suggestion

Have you considered a zelkova? It has that great vase-like elm shape. I've
got one I'm very pleased with. It's attractive, has nice fall color, the
leaves are small and easy to rake, and has not had any problems with disease
or pests. It breezed through the drought last summer. Check it out!

Sue

"James McMillan" wrote in message
I have a house which faces South, in full sun, and I would like to plant a
couple of street trees in the boulevard strip, between the sidewalk and
street, for some much-needed shade. I have narrowed it down to several
species, and I was wondering which would be the best choice: