Old 24-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Wilmdale

Nedra wrote:

Jan, I honestly believe that dividing lotus is a myth. These haven't
been divided since I first season after the pond was dug - probably
year 2000. I haven't even fertilized them this year. All I do is add
the water from the koi/fish pond - until the lotus garden is flooded.
Thanks for the compliment, kiddo.

Nedra in Missouri
Zone 6

So you grow your lotus outside the pond? Just goes to show you how much
I know! :-P . For some reason I was thinking they were water plants
similar to the water lilies. Are they more of a marsh plant?
And I know what you mean about the other 'stuff'. I almost gave up too
until I learned about 'killfile'. That sure helped me!
My WH seem to be doing fine this year and my water while tinted has not
been pea soup green this season. Yea! Now watch me go out in a few
days and not even be able to see the sides of the pond for the algae!
LOL :-) .
Have a great weekend and very nice to have you back!
W. Dale