Old 28-10-2002, 02:21 PM
cormaic

Default High hedge for coastal garden

'Twas Mon, 28 Oct 2002 04:36:50 GMT, when
(Rodger Whitlock) enriched
all our lives with these worthy thoughts:

Please ask your friend to solve an elementary arithmetic problem,
namely:
If a hedge grows 2 meters in its first year, and continues to
grow at the same rate for four more years, how tall will it be in
five years?

Aaah, but Barry is not a gardener. He envisages a hedge that
will achieve the required height and then stabilise at that height for
evermore. I did ask whether he also wanted it to have tenners for
leaves and gold nuggets for seed but this seemed to pass over his
head. ;~)

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk