Old 24-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Phil L

Ron Clark wrote:
:: On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:20:41 GMT, "Phil L"
:: wrote this (or the missive included
:: this):
::
::: While I'm here and on this subject, how is 'over watering'
::: achieved?....I have two lots of tomatoes, both planted directly
::: into the soil but in different greenhouses, those in the
::: polycarbonate GH are double the size of those in the glass one,
::: both were planted out within a week and have similar light
::: conditions and soil types, the glasshouse leaks in through the
::: roof and so the soil is permanently damp, the plastic one has
::: been bone dry for a good few years - I mean not a drop - the toms
::: in the glass house seem to be dying from the bottom upwards,
::: yellowed and withered branches and even the small bunches of
::: flowers are shrivelling up, it looks like they have never been
::: watered but they've had plenty....?
::
:: Are you growing tomatoes in a glass-house where they have been
:: grown for some years previously, and is the crop under plastic the
:: first tomato planting ever there (or the first for some years?)
::
:: There could be a virus or other disease clue here.

Both GH's have not had tomatoes for at least 5 years.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.