Old 25-06-2005, 01:32 AM
World Traveler

"Mike" wrote in message
news:1119640177.da37929b23a5169bc47138388c218c48@t eranews...
Hello,

I purchased 6 nice bushes a couple years ago and they told me to feed them
too much and I killed 2 of them. The guarantee period had run out. To
save money I wanted to try and grow a number of new ones myself. I know
nothing about the subject but took a clipping (about 6") and have kept it
in water for a couple weeks now but I do not see any root system growing
although it looks good and has healthy leaves still.

Any help on the subject would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

It really depends upon what type of bushes you're talking about. For many
shrubs, take a small cutting, (whether from green or brown wood depends upon
the plant and time of year) dip it in rooting compound (e.g., "Rootone") and
insert it into potting soil. Don't let the cutting dry out -- there are
instructions on the bottle of Rootone. I use peat pots, and after the
cutting takes root, plant the entire pot in either a larger pot or the
actual landscape location. Azaleas, ivy, etc. can be easily reproduced this
way. You should be able to find rooting instructions on the internet, at
http://www.rooting-hormones.com/,
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/gr_gen...662374,00.html
or other places. Regards --