Old 28-10-2002, 03:26 PM
Paul Mc Cann

Default Muntjack Deer

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:15:28 -0000, "BAC"
wrote:

"DaveDay34" wrote in message
Personally I think it's a bit late for that. The damage has been done.

snip
you'd
have to get rid of mink, all domestic cats, and all rabbits. Somehow I
can't
see people supporting the sorts of measures that would be needed, or

even
understanding what you'd be trying to do, or why.

FWIW

I don't believe it would be possible to get rid of all mink or domestic
cats, and certainly not all rabbits, it's a lot easier said than done.

I think that's the point I was trying to make. It's not practical, and

even if
you could do it, would you really want to destroy the eco-system we have

to try
to turn the clock back? A dangerous dream for anyone to have.

No, I personally would not wish to recreate a uniform bronze age habitat
across the UK, even if it were possible. However, nor would I particularly
like to see what we have now further 'eroded'. It's not a simple choice,
IMO.

On the recemt television programme on Darwin the remark was made that
over 99% of the species that have existed on this planet are now
extinct, or did I hear that right. (No implication that this was a
recent phenomenon)

Paul Mc Cann