Old 25-06-2005, 05:42 AM
Dana Schultz

I use cages for my tomatoes but for other plants such as clematis I use
velcro. Just cut it to length and stick it on.
I found it works great for a broken stem. Just cut a small piece and wrap it
tightly to the stem. They mend very nicely on their own.
The velcro is re-useable year after year and if a piece is too short stick
two together. I love it.

And just where are you getting 10' tomato plants? My season must be way too
short.

--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid
On 2005-06-22 09:06:07 -0700, "Dave" said:

This year I planted my tomatoes in holes filled with mulch and as a
result I'm getting bigger plants than I am used to. The problem is
keeping them tied up. I need so much material to tie them that I have
started using twine rather than the traditonal cloth strips torn from
old sheets. Is twine the standard for those who don't use cages?

Thanks

I use cut rubber bands for my tying, that way there's some stretch to
it before it starts to impede the plant...

- gulash