Old 24-06-2005, 11:23 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On 24 Jun 2005 07:51:41 -0700, wrote:

2 week old pond
~120 gallons, 3' x 3' x 2' box.
(2) Dwarf Horsetail Rush
(2) Louisiana Iris
(8) Water hyacinth
(1) small water lilly
(4) anacharis, doing great.
(3) small goldfish, 2-3" long
pump - 200 gph, inside one of those canister filters with 4 pads (2 sizes) and
about 8 bio-balls.

The pond gets full sunlight, probably 10+ hours

Water quality parameters would actually tell us more. But with the
information above, I'd say your cycle is right on schedule. ;o) So now you
need patience, unless your water quality is really out of balance, like a
really high pH or low KH.

The umbrella will actually help the higher plant forms as they are
currently suffering transplant shock. The iris will be the slowest to
recover, it may look sickly right up to fall, but come back with a
vengeance next spring. The most forgiving plant (I've got this stuck IN my
cement blocks around the lily pond and it thriving) is water cress, luckily
it is cheap too. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~