Old 24-06-2005, 11:19 PM

In , on 06/23/05
at 06:19 PM, (Doug Quarnstrom) said:

What is your experience with garter and bull snakes. I presume that both
eat koi, but I also assume that there is some point at where a koi is too
big for a garter snake to kill. What about Bull snakes? Are they a
threat to big koi?

Bull snakes don't eat fish. Garter snakes might, but they generally stay
on land and eat things like slugs and worms. Ribbon snakes (related to
garters, and look similar - they're thinner, and swim better) are more
likely to enter the water and eat fish.

Do a web search on the different species you're concerned about - the
reptile sites will have more info than me.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.14