Old 25-06-2005, 02:08 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Courageous" wrote in message
news

I don't want to be scooping up chips and chunks of concrete when the soil
shifts and the uneven pressure cracks it. I can't see using rebar or
chicken wire OVER the liner to help stabilize the concrete.

You can use the wire. Check http://www.wetwebmedia.com. Bob Fenner, who
runs the place, operated a pond business for years here using just this
technique.

## I'll check this site out - thanks! :-)

Still, I don't see any real problem with putting the liner over the

concrete
if you're so inclined. You might ask Bob what he thinks of that; he
answers questions very quickly.

Also, the alkalinity problems caused by concrete

You use a plastic cement; even then you have to cure the pond. Often
one runs vinegar through it for a while.

## Run vinegar through it? Wouldn't that be impractical in a 2000 gallon
pond? I know my husband wants it fixed where the "fix" is permanent. It's
too expensive to fill and rinse a few times should concrete be on the
inside. Also, concrete would take up space and leave the gallonage less
than 2000. We can rinse it and use the shop vac to remove the rinse water
but refilling it a few times is out (to flush away the alk' from the
concrete). We haven't discussed just what action we're going to take. I
dread this undertaking.... :-(

C//

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...