Old 25-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Ivan Kobrinsky

Cereus-validus:

My, oh my.

headache?

Didn't you wander off-topic into outer space?!!!

If they know how to use spell checking on other planets, why don't you?

Photosynthetic bacteria are still bacteria even though they were once
mistakenly called blue-green algae.

Since the oceans cover more than 70 percent of the earth's
surface, the answer to the original question is still YES.

Have you got what I'm telling you? I doubt that.

Your answer to the original question was simpy wrong.

---cit---

| Yes. Only as deep as the light reaches.

---cit/---

This statement arouses a wrong impression and misleads the OP.
Second part of your answer "Only as deep the light reaches" suggests
you are speaking about something that's coming from outside, from above
into the sea... - something like sunlight.

Of course in ocean lives more photosynthetic bacteria than on dry land
and of course in ocean develops more photosynthesis than on dry land -
but wrongly, this concept is not limited to the upper 200 meters of
sea levels!

You know, chemo-synthetic bacteria form the basis of the partnerships
into the 1970ies already discovered hot sources of deep sea, by using
the energy of sulfur and methane connections and also for this they
need however oxygen - *and* originates again from the photosynthesis
from the sunlight-through-flooded earth's surface.

Means, without sun no life, therefore the credo of the stone-time
biologists called - nevertheless the scientists could have made the
calculation without the so-called GSB1.

Under this contraction a bacterium was isolated right now, which
operates obviously lively photosynthesis - at the ground of the
sea into 2,400 meters of depth.

The sientists fished the puzzling germ with hydrothermical sources
before the coast of Mexico. The main thing now is that there exists
350 degrees Celsius hot spring water and that in narrow columns
between that 2 degrees Celsius cold sea depth.

As DNA analyses resulted in, GSB1 is related to the green sulfur
bacteria. These micro organisms operate a anoxygene photosynthesis
in such a way specified, whereby they split hydrogen sulfide instead
of water.

But but they still need - light. As known sunlight penetrates however
only 100 to 200 meters deeply in the water; among them the realm of the
eternal darkness begins.

The scientists hold rather the hydrothermical source themselves as
source of illuminating. Because an extremely weak light within the
*infrared range* - which is invisible for the human eye - for the
photosynthesis could glows here however to be sufficient.

With the electron microscope the researchers found into the light-shy
light-worth Chlorosomen so mentioned, which catches and for the
reaction center of the photosynthesis passes the weak light on quasi
as antenna amplifiers. After reading the the microscope documentation
papers of analysis you'll see these organisms are true masters of the
weak light photosynthesis.

You show that photosynthesis is not only limited to the direct surface
of our planet. In this sense my advice to the Jupitermond Europe, that
is born out of very practical natu Europe is considered already for
a long time as a hot candidate of extraterrestrial existence forms,
which could have domestic furnished themselves under thick ice tank.

To sun-claimant photosynthesis the heavenly body applied however as too
far. This discovery shows that organisms at places can survive, which
possible we did not consider.

In manner of Jurissic Park we can say now: "the life finds a way"!