Old 25-06-2005, 06:02 AM
JoeT

"Iowa883" wrote in message
I am looking for a new riding mower as you all know by now , if you have
been reading this newsgroup .
How are MTD mowers ? What brands do they actually make ?
Will they hold up to 1 1/2 acres of rural Iowa lawn ? If so, how many
years is your prediction ?
Thanks,
Iowa883

Several here have already advised you to steer clear of these types of lawn
tractors but you can easily go to www.mtd.com and see for yourself what
brands they make. (Cub Cadet which used to be a very good brand is now
counted among those owned by MTD and I doubt they're anything as good as
they once were) As for a years of service prediction, why ask for guesses? A
guess has no merit lol. I have a Bolens ( Now one of MTD's brands) 15.5
horse that is serving me well but I don't have any delusions that it
compares to a $2500 john deere nor do I have 1.5 acres of rural lawn to
tackle. Mine serves more for pulling my chipper/shredder, trailer,
dethatcher etc. It also allows me to mow my lawn without trying to push a
mower which is something I can no longer do, owing to back issues. If I were
needing to mow an acre or more and could even have considered $2000 as a
budget I wouldn't have given this tractor so much as a passing glance.

joe