Old 25-06-2005, 04:05 AM
Nedra

Not to worry Gale! I know my situation is unique and that most people
do have their
lotus planted in a container of some sort... and I also know that these
lotuses have to be fertilized and divided.
To fertilize my lotus pond I usually have some guy who is really tall
get in the pond and push the lily tabs around each tuber. This is done
by 'feel' as opposed to seeing where the tuber is. The tabs haven't
been put into the pond since March 2004. I think the fish pond water
being flooded into the lotus pond suffices.
And the dividing - we'll have to skip that chapter as it doesn't apply
to my lotus pond... VBG

What got me started on having a lotus pond dug was a picture of Perry
Slocum's MPDS lotus lake. I don't know where it is located but a
portion of this lake is pictured on the cover of his (and Peter
Robinson) book, "WATER GARDENING Water Lilies and Lotuses". I had to
have something similar, hence my lotus pond was planted with three
fully grown Mrs. Perry D. Slocum lotus. As they say, the rest is
history.

Nedra in Missouri
Zone 6