Old 25-06-2005, 05:47 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Courageous" wrote in message

I don't want to be scooping up chips and chunks of concrete when the

soil

## Run vinegar through it? Wouldn't that be impractical in a 2000

gallon
pond?

No, but you don't use 100% vinegar. The point is to get the PH of the

water
down to as low as you can get it. You can also cure the outside of the

concrete
with muriatic acid.

** From the bad experiences I've seen and heard about with concrete ponds
I'm totally discouraged. Besides then we have another huge expense of
hiring professions to mix the concrete and somehow get it to stick to the
rubber liner. Neither myself or my husband have ever worked with concrete.
Eventually it will crack and bits will start to disintegrate under the
water. Water will get behind/between the concrete and liner since sealing
concrete 100% waterproof is almost impossible. I would have to see one done
this way a few years (where it freezes in winter) before, to give me some
confidence in putting concrete over rubber. It freezes here in winter and
that's when people start talking about problems with concrete ponds. The
rubber will give - the concrete will not, so it cracks.

I know my husband wants it fixed where the "fix" is permanent. It's
too expensive to fill and rinse a few times should concrete be on the
inside.

Eh?

** To get rid of the alkalinity from the concrete.

Also, concrete would take up space and leave the gallonage less
than 2000.

You can dig more.

** That's true but the liner wont *GROW* to fit a bigger hole unless the
concrete was on the OUTSIDE. Remember now, I'm retired and my husband is
semi-retired so our funds are not unlimited anymore. We would have to hire
someone to do this concrete work and quite honestly I don't think we could
afford it.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.