Old 25-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Wilmdale

Nedra wrote:

Yep, right you are, Dale. Lotuses are a water plant. I probably threw
you off by calling it a lotus 'garden'. The lotus pond which is
adjacent to the koi pond is actually a 12' circle - it is 2 feet deep.
It's lined and has about a foot of builders sand on the bottom.
I added water from the fish pond - then the lotus were planted in pots
and placed in the pond. HA! the first year they jumped the pots and so
it has gone... every year.

Nedra in Missouri
Zone 6

So you just leave them out in the winter? I know it can get down right
cold in Missouri during the winter! Maybe not as cold as Colorado but
still cold. I have started a little 'bog' pond this season. It has
lots of rocks in the bottom and my neighbor gave me a water iris which I
planted in the bottom. So far so good! :-) . I am hoping they take off
and form a mat of roots. I think the addition of lotus would be great!
I have a few in pots that are really struggling right now. Don't know
what's up with that. Maybe just time. Oh, yeah, my little bog pond/vf
return route is 18" deep. I will try to take a picture and post it on
my site.
Have a great weekend!
W. Dale