Old 25-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Lil' Dave

"James" wrote in message

I need a rain diverter to go on my roof over my front door.

I can't find them anywhere !! I have called all of my local roofing

supply
companies, and none of them stock them. Other building supply places
don't have them.

I don't want to cut a piece of tin and stick it up there. Someone makes
these products and I believe they are sold locally, as I see them on other
houses.

Of course, I have also tried Home Depot and Lowe's, but no luck.

Anyone know of a chain that would sell this product please ??

Thanks for any tips.

--James--

If the local building/lumber supply store does not have it, seek out some
12" rolled flashing. You can cut it to length and width, then bend it as
needed to match the pitch of the roof. You'll need a firm straight-edge
(2X4 or wider), metal shears, a hammer, and some patience if you've never
attempted this before. You'll have plenty of flashing left for all the
areas of the roof you want this way.

Slide the result under the shingles. You will have to modify the shingles
as they're too long now where they were hanging over the eave above the
door. Mark the pitch of the roof, and the plumb line with framing square on
a piece of cardboard and cut it out. Use this as a general reference as to
when the angle of the flashing is correct while you're pounding on it. The
nailing of the flashing should occur under the shingles, otherwise it will
leak.