Old 25-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Sue Marsh

Well, I decided just to do the two rocks and see what would happen. I had
two featherstone rocks with 5 holes each for plants.... took over to my
bonsai buddy's house for advice. What I ended up doing was using the soil
the cuttings were in in the bottom of the holes, and mixed up muck for the
top layer to hold the cuttings how I wanted. For muck I used low-fire clay,
spagnum peat moss, and the featherstone chippings... about 20% clay, 70%
spagnum peat, and 10% gritty stuff. Portulacaria afra is a pretty tough
plant, so we'll see how these do with the mucky stuff. They don't need a ton
of water... I figured once I get the rocks back here to the house, I'm going
to set them into shallow containers of water. The featherstone is really
porous and holds water well so I figured the roots will get enough water
even around the muck. The rocks aren't home yet as I wanted to let the much
set up a couple of days before transporting them in my truck again (I live
on a very bumpy dirt road)..... Am already plotting to do another one, it's
a good use for all the cuttings I have that still have a couple years to go

Susan L. Marsh
www.susanszoocrew.com

http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/o...ave/direct/01/

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++