Old 25-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Snooze

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in message
Help! Last year we kept them out with some sort of egg hatching preventer.
This year too late. (or too dumb) The small ponds (barrel halves) are full
of live larvae. I think dumping oil on top will pretty much ruin the
blooming lilies, so what to do? Immediately? Gotta kill 'em before the
Nile
Virus birds get here!
Old Chief Lynn

1. put mosquito dunks in the water, will kill the larva,
2. add a few mosquito fish (Gambusia affinis) which you can get for free or
a nominal price from the water utility or public health/vector control.

If you can't get mosquito fish, a few common guppies, the 10c kind. Don't
bother with fancy guppies.

-S