Old 25-06-2005, 04:30 PM
pixi

Probably I shouldn;t have done it and may be very sorry, but----

This morning I went out and bought six water hyacinth. They will add some
shade and reduce the oxygen and maybe, just maybe, I will be free of all
that algae.

I spent about 4 hours yesterday trying to fish it out (the algae, that is)
and had the waterfall running 24/7 and still the algae built up although it
is gone by morning. The new stuff that is.

The older stuff just stays.

I won't let it get out of hand, I hope. Can remove the surplus, I hope, and
it has been known to get to 25 below zero here so I'm sure the winter will
take care of them

And would someone please tell me exactly what sweater algae is and looks
like?

Thanks for all your help.