Old 25-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Dwayne

Mike, I don't know the answer, but my brother is a fanatic about cutting off
the flowers as they die. I do it also, I toss the iris, rose, peony, etc.
blooms back into the garden after they aren't pretty anymore. Vie been told
that it encourages the plant to bloom, but mostly if makes the plants look
better if the old flower is removed. Plus, I am returning the nutrients
back to the flower bed by throwing them back. If the plant is diseased, I
don't throw it back, but burn it.

Dwayne

"Mike" wrote in message
I have a lot of peonies and when the petals fall I am wondering if I should
cut off the seed head.

Can someone advise me on this please ?
Thanks.

Mike