Old 26-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Scott Coutts

Dave wrote:
Hi

Thanks for this reply, it does help me to understand what they are talking
about.

If the bottle is sealed would it need to be refrigerated before it was
opened? Would the yeast and other bacteria grow while sealed. Or does this
mean it would need to be refrigerated and consumed within a few weeks after
opening?

If the yeasts are already in the bottle, they will not care that it is
sealed and they will still grow. Usually when product labels instruct
you to refrigerate after opening, it is because you are letting bugs
into the bottle which will then grow. Usually these products are sterile
or, at least, pateurised (heat treated) before packaging, and they're
packaged into sterile containers and sealed. Keeping it cold wont do it
any harm regardless of whether it needs it or not.

Perhaps the best option for you would be to buy an aloe vera plant!
You'd certainly get it as fresh as you want it. I dont know anything
about growing them, or how fast they grow, but I certainly know that you
can do it.

Scott.