Old 25-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Thomas H. O'Reilly

I'd contact the local extension office and see if there's anybody in the
area who will trap them. They almost always know someone who does that kind
of work. Nowadays, most people don't recommend shooting them. They're
usually trapped and relocated to the nearest wood.

wrote in message
I used to see the chipmunks in the afternoon. I haven't seen them in
about a month, and I've been looking. But sure enough, every time I
mow, there are more holes than before.

Someone told me her father used to just stick a garden hose in the
holes, and shoot the chipmunks as they came out.

My chipmunk problem is about 300' from the nearest faucet. That's
alot of hose. Plus, I don't have a gun.

I know they make a "zapper" box that is supposed to kill instantly.