Old 26-06-2005, 02:02 AM
JonquilJan

Depends on what ind of manure you are using. Poultry manure (chicken,
turkeys) is much more concentrated than equine (horse, donkey, mule) manure
and will definitely burn roots. Cattle manure is about in between and may
or may not burn. Aged manure is best in any case. A manure tea is suitable
for transplants. To make the tea, put manure (horse -cattle manure
preferred) is some sort of a sack (feed sack work well) and dunk it into a
bucket (3 or 5 gallon) or water. Let it sit for 30 minutes or longer,
occasionally sloshing the sack around. Then remove the sack and dole out
the water (should now be a deep 'tea;' color) around the transplants.

Lots of ways to do this - just my personal method.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying
James wrote in message
oups.com...
Would hot shit still burn if I put it at the bottom of the hole and
plant transplants on top if it?