Old 25-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Stephen Henning

"Wilmdale" wrote:
The few I purchased this year are multiplying but I noticed yesterday they
are starting to get a bit yellowish in color. Maybe due to the hail we have
been getting.

Reel Mckoi" wrote:
They've probably used up most of the nutrients in the water.

I doubt that. Hale means low temperatures and water hyacinths don't
like cold one bit. I kept mine alive in a greenhouse all winter and
they were yellow all winter until it got stinking hot in the greenhouse.
When it got warm they greened up nicely.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
18,000 gallon (17'x 47'x 2-4') lily pond garden in Zone 6