Old 26-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Courageous" wrote in message

OK, mine start to yellow when they run out of nutrients. A heaping Tbs.
Potash per 1000 gallons always greens them up nicely.

Good advice, I think. Another alternative would be any nitrate free
phosphate free "pond fertilizer". Probably more expensive, though.
/which/ potash, by the way?

Muriate of Potash. I also use Ironite in the plants potting soil and I'm
sure some of that leaks out into the water. I also toss a few handfuls of
Ironite into the propagation tanks. It's granular.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/crtso