Old 26-06-2005, 07:39 AM
JennyC

"Lorraine_6865" wrote in message

I have recently moved into a new house and inherited a rather large
garden which was over grown, I am about half way through the weeds and
managed to find several small trees, Large & small shrubs and some
plants.

Hanging baskets have been my limit until now so identifying them all is
proving quite difficult, I have purchased several gardening books &
magazines but they only seem to be helpful if you already know which
plant you are dealing with (which of course I don't) I have one which
is currently called "That nice pink shrub on the lefthand side" & "that
lovely purple one at the bottom of the garden"

Does anybody know of a site with plenty of photo's that I may find
useful, I need to know what they all are!

Any help will be most appreciated....
Lorraine_6865

Tree ID (with photos):
http://home.sullivan.k12.il.us/teach...ree%20key.html

Shrub IG (bit technical):
http://www.reticule.co.uk/flora/content/SEARCH.ASP

And here's a site for looking up perennials-you put in colour, time of flowering
etc.......might be useful :~)
http://www.perennials.com/search.html

The book I find most useful is the "Gardeners Encyclopaedia of Plants and
Flowers"
It has things grouped by size, colour and time of flowering.
Whenever I get stuck, I leaf though it and usually find what's what :~))

HTH Jenny